Sunday, November 27, 2016

#6 Steve Jobs’ Talk

Steve Jobs’ talk (video)
Talk script (link)

5 good words/sentences learn  (use Oxford advanced learners’ dictionary)
1.curiosity(noun)[uncountable, singular] curiosity (about something) | curiosity (to do something) a strong desire to know about something - His answer did not satisfy my curiosity at all.
2.intuition(noun): [uncountable] the ability to know something by using your feelings rather than considering the facts - The answer came to me in a flash of intuition.
3.renaissance(noun)a situation when there is new interest in a particular subject, form of art, etc. after a period when it was not very popular - The British film industry is currently enjoying something of a renaissance.
4.diverge(verb)[intransitive] diverge (from something) (formal) (of opinions, views, etc.) to be different - Opinions diverge greatly on this issue. 
5.sedate(adjective)slow, calm and relaxed - We followed the youngsters at a more sedate pace.

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  常保飢渴求知,常存虛懷若愚。

How do you like his 3 life stories? 
Yes, I like his 3 life stories.

Can you relate them to any of your life experiences? 
or Does it inspire you in any way?
connecting the dots:
I believe the dots will somehow connect in future. Learning computer also requires design aesthetics, and we can find lots of inspiration in life. When you design, intuition will lead you and connect the dots together. Sometimes, you don't know what's the point of the things that you usually learn, but someday it will be very useful when it is needed.

love and loss:
I like this sentence and the meaning of the story is like:"Troubles came into the world, but we must not forget that Hope came with them."
In my high school, I attended a public high school and transferred to a private school two years. I have to retake another year of Senior High 3 because of my transfer and my same-age friends were all graduated earlier than I am, but because of my transfer that I learned a lot of computer skills and also took lots of certificates.

death:
Steve Jobs read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right."
I think just like me, a lot of people might not know how to face death, so we can learn from Steve Jobs' attitude: "asked myself: If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? And whenever the answer has been No for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

To pay tribute to Steve Jobs. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

1 comment:

  1. "Troubles came into the world, but we must not forget that Hope came with them." This is a good sentence!! Always have hope and always have faith.

    ReplyDelete